Published in Grilling With House of Q by BBQ Brian Misko and Figure 1 Publishing
Sweet corn in the summer is awesome. This is a simple recipe to grill and use up some of those cobs… besides, it might be a little cleaner to eat with a fork instead of chewing on a cob!
Serve this salad with grilled salmon, chicken, pork or beef steaks, or even with burgers.
Grilled Corn, Black Bean And Peach Salad
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 limes – juiced
- 3 to 4 ears fresh corn shucked, or 2 large cans corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 large can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 peaches freestone diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- House of Q Peppered Bovine or Salt and black pepper
- In a stainless steel bowl, whisk together the olive oil, cider vinegar and lime juice.
- If you are using fresh corn, prepare your grill for direct grilling, medium-high heat. Place the corn on the grill, turning the cobs every few minutes, for 10 to 20 minutes, or until the kernels have colour and have started to separate from each other (an easy sign that the corn is cooked). Remove the corn from the grill and allow the cobs to cool. Cut the kernels from the cobs.
- In a salad bowl, toss the corn, black beans, peaches, onions, bell peppers and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve family-style.