Love em or hate em, Brussels Sprouts seem to creep onto many menus and this recipe has changed the non-fan into a raving fanatic! BBQ Brian crafted this Grilled Brussels Sprouts recipe and it has become one of his most requested items. This recipe is great for asparagus as well!
Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Warm Bacon and Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1-2 lbs Brussels Sprouts – trimmed
- Olive oil
- 1/2 lb Bacon/Pancetta
- 3-4 TB House of Q Slow Smoke Gold Sauce
- 4 TB Champagne Vinegar
- White sugar to taste, if required
- Trim the stem of the Brussels sprouts, rinse and drain. Drizzle olive oil all over the sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated grill at medium heat (350 F) and sear on all sides. Turn often until all sides have charred and gained some color. Once cooked through, remove from the heat. Alternately, roast the sprouts in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30-40 minutes.
- In a large skillet, dice the Pancetta (or bacon) and sauté until just starting to crisp and render the fat. Lower the temperature to low and add the Slow Smoke Gold sauce to the pan and stir. Add the champagne vinegar and continue to mix the sauce. Taste at this point and see if the sauce is too acidic for you and add sugar if you need it to balance the flavour out. Add the sprouts and toss to coat.