Beef tri-tip is an awesome steak, or uh er, it’s almost a roast. It’s a bigger cut of meat and is part of the sirloin (think the hips of a cow… you’re in the right neighborhood).
The steak is triangular in shape and offers great ‘beefy’ flavour however can be a challenging cut to cook to the desired results. BBQ Brian created a video of the steps he took and wanted to share on how to cook beef tri-tip. Look for the video below.
Every cow of course has two tri-tip steaks however many butcher shops don’t have a demand from their customers for it thus it often ends up as ground beef. For those that do request it they know how special it can be when cooked properly.
If you are looking to master cooking large or thick-cut steaks, this is the video to watch. The technique BBQ Brian’s uses shows the mastery of attaining great color and an appealing crust on the outside while creating the perfect color, moisture and texture on the inside.
How to Grill Beef Tri-tip Video
- 2-3 lb Beef tri-tip steak/roast
- 2-3 TB Olive oil
- 3-4 TB House of Q Peppered Bovine Premium Seasonings
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Rub the tri-tip steak/roast with olive oil. Season the steak/roast with House of Q Peppered Bovine Premium Seasonings.
- Grill the steak/roast for about 10-12 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Remove the steak/roast from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the steak/roast against the grain and serve.