So not everything goes on a charcoal fire! We know that! However we also get lot’s of request for new recipes… especially for some of our newer spice mixes from our Premium Seasoning line. This recipe was a “throw-together” at the Misko house and it will definitely be made again! Yum!
Penne with Spinach, Tomato e Gusto!
- 1/2 lb Penne pasta or your choice of "holey" noodle – you want it to soak up the sauce!
- 1-2 TB Salt
- 2-3 TB Butter
- 1/2 Onion – diced
- 2-4 cloves Garlic – crushed
- 1 can Diced tomatoes large size 796 ml
- 1/2 lb Cooked spinach
- 1 cup Half and Half cream
- 1 TB House of Q Gusto D'Italia
- 1 TB Dried basil
- In a large pot, boil 3-4 litres of water with the salt added. Cook the pasta for 6-8 minutes but still a little under-cooked… budget about 80 grams or so per serving for a good portion.
- While the water is coming to boil, melt the butter and soften the diced onions in a large skillet. Once soft, add the spinach, Gusto D’Italia and basil and then the tomatoes. Simmer covered for 10 minutes or so or until much of the moisture has evaporated.
- Meanwhile, once the pasta is cooked, drain and put the pasta into the sauce mixture. Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes stirring every few minutes or until any remaining excess water is absorbed by the pasta or evaporated. Check the pasta for doneness – it should be soft at this point but not mushy. Add the cream and stir to mix thoroughly.
- To serve, place in bowls, grate some hard cheese on top like Asiago or Parmesan and serve hot!